Christmas Tour of Homes 2018
This Southeastern Trip of Discovery took us through the scenic backroads of South Carolina's Old 96 District, with a stop in Edgefield, South Carolina, before crossing the Savannah River into the Georgia Piedmont. We then visited the beautifully decorated private homes and historic buildings of Washington, Georgia, as part of the town's annual Christmas Tour. Holiday fun at its finest!
The Thomson, Georgia home of Thomas Watson - prominent Southern Populist politician and lawyer.
Our group enjoyed a private tour of the impressive Edgefield County Archives, which contains some of South Carolina's rarest historical documents and best preserved records.
The stately Chantilly at Brookhill, a former cotton plantation and dairy farm.
Keeping warm with some hot cider.
Does anyone else love vintage Christmas decorations like we do?
Posted on December 15th in Small Group
- Celebrating Black History in South Carolina
- Gone North for the Summer: Quebec's Eastern Townships
- The Virginia Presidential Tour
- Historic Charleston's Festival of Houses & Gardens
- Exploring Abbeville with OLLI at Furman
- Christmas Tour of Homes 2018
- New York with OLLI at Furman