Virtual Travel Video: Spartanburg's Daniel Morgan Monument
Announcing - militia drumroll, please - our very first Virtual Travel Video!
This week, we wanted to share a snippet of local history with you, about a monument that some of you may have strolled by in downtown Spartanburg's Morgan Square.
This 1881 sculpted monument depicts Revolutionary War hero Brigadier General Daniel Morgan, known for leading the Patriots to victory in the Battle of Cowpens. This was a decisive turning point in the American Revolution, hastening the events that led to the British surrender at Yorktown.
Today, we're sharing the surprising story behind the monument itself, which was put up post-Reconstruction. Join our founder, Chumley Cope, and let's explore . . .
Posted on March 27th in Virtual Travel Series
- Inns of the Southeast: The Monte Vista Hotel
- Our 2020 Holiday Gift Guide
- Introducing our new logo!
- Virtual Travel Video: The Major of Saint-Lô
- Virtual Travel Video: The Linville Gorge
- Virtual Travel Video: Cape Fear Water Taxi
- Virtual Travel Video: Mount Mitchell
- Virtual Travel Video: Junaluska
- Virtual Travel Video: Tapoco Lodge
- Virtual Travel Video: Cheoah Dam