Virtual Travel Video: Sunburst, NC
We invite you to enjoy today's virtual travel experience!
For today's Virtual Travel experience, we're exploring some of western North Carolina's lumber heritage. Join us as we visit the historic Sunburst community -- a model lumber mill town not far from Waynesville, NC. Join Explore Up Close founder Chumley Cope on location to learn more!
Today's video witnesses Chumley traveling beyond the border of South Carolina for the first time in the new Explore Up Close virtual travel series. His trek north of the border takes him to the lovely Bethel Valley, just south of Waynesville, NC. Tune in, as Chumley recounts the story of Sunburst -- one of North Carolina's prettiest place names, and today just a "ghost community" where a lumber mill town once thrived.
Posted on June 19th in Virtual Travel Series
- Inns of the Southeast: The Monte Vista Hotel
- Our 2020 Holiday Gift Guide
- Introducing our new logo!
- Virtual Travel Video: The Major of Saint-Lô
- Virtual Travel Video: The Linville Gorge
- Virtual Travel Video: Cape Fear Water Taxi
- Virtual Travel Video: Mount Mitchell
- Virtual Travel Video: Junaluska
- Virtual Travel Video: Tapoco Lodge
- Virtual Travel Video: Cheoah Dam