- Floyd, Virginia | the Blue Ridge Parkway | the Floyd Country Store |
July 7 - 9, 2023
- Bluegrass-style music at the Floyd Country Store - a rollicking good time, and an authentic Appalachian experience!
- The fun and fascination of ‘round-the-bend discoveries on the backroads: including a historic North Carolina house with 15 fireplaces (really!); a 1910 grist mill; the beloved Rock Churches of Southwestern Virginia; a delightful local winery; and gorgeous scenic drives in the height of summer.
- A charming hotel, located in walking distance of downtown Floyd, and brimming with local art.
- Our signature small group travel experience!
Let’s spend a weekend in and around Floyd, Virginia – lovely “mountain town,” located just off the Blue Ridge Parkway in southwestern Virginia.
We’ll enjoy down-home hospitality as we spend two nights in Floyd – a center of crafts and mountain music, and a jumping off point for fascinating mountain stories. You’ll have opportunities to savor the quaint ambiance, galleries and boutiques, local food and drink, and live music . . . and explore the surrounding mountains and valleys. We’ll discover local artists and wine-makers, stories about mountaineers and the creation of the Blue Ridge Parkway, and places of unusual beauty – coming and going!
The Hotel Floyd
Hotel Floyd offers travelers and visitors a restful retreat with all the modern amenities for a comfortable, pleasurable stay. Located in the heart of Floyd, we're steps away from the Crooked Road, Virginia's Musical Heritage Trail, and the charming shops, galleries and eateries that give the town of Floyd its unique down-home flavor. Our accommodations include free wireless internet and high definition televisions.
Built in 2007 and expanded in 2014, employing the latest green technologies, along with sustainable building materials and furnishings, Hotel Floyd is a designated "Virginia Green Lodging" establishment.
- Comfortable transportation
- Accommodation for 2 nights
- Breakfast, 2 lunches, and 2 dinners
- All activities / admissions per the itinerary
- Guide and concierge service throughout the trip
$1,832 / person (double occupancy; single supplement, $150)
What's Not Included
Price does not include alcohol, one lunch, or optional trip insurance.
..well-planned, from interesting and fun excursions planned each day, to comfortable lodging and transportation. Our trip leaders, Chumley and Khal, were impressive with their knowledge of each area we explored and gracious in their planning of every aspect of our trips.
Trip insurance safeguards your travel investment, your belongings, and most importantly, you. Though trip insurance is optional, we strongly encourage travelers to purchase trip insurance in the event you have to cancel or leave a trip for any reason. Please note, all trip participants should wait for confirmation from Explore Up Close that the trip has the minimum sign-up required to be a “go” before purchasing travel insurance. Please confirm with Explore Up Close before making any additional travel arrangements.
Once you have received confirmation from Explore Up Close, we recommend contacting a travel insurance provider directly to request a quote and compare pricing and features. You can find other providers that may fit your needs at www.insuremytrip.com, or we can gladly connect you with our travel agent.
This trip departs from Greenville / Spartanburg, South Carolina and Asheville, North Carolina. If you live elsewhere, please contact us to discuss travel arrangements, and we will look forward to assisting you!