Exotic Sicily and the Aeolian Islands
April 7 – 17, 2019
Ancient Syracuse . . . the Smoke of Stromboli . . . Malvasia Wine
Let’s explore Sicily – a Mediterranean cultural crossroads, whose volcanic, fertile soils and closeness to the sea have supported a food and wine production that thrives to this day. Colonized by the Greeks, traversed by crusaders and vying European powers, and showcasing architecture that was “rethought” after each volcanic destruction . . . Sicily might surprise you with the breadth of its cultural and natural offerings.
- Multi-night stays at two agriturismos – producing farms that also serve as upscale country inns – and a lovely island inn, perched above the sea
- Visit the best-preserved Greek city in Italy – Siracusa (or, as the English Romantics called it, Syracuse)
- Guided touring in Noto – gem of Sicilian baroque style
- The unique and acclaimed wines from the flanks of Mt. Etna
- The fun and ease of our signature small group travel style
Trip price: $4115 / person (double occupancy; single supplement, $780); price includes chauffeured transportation in Italy; ferry transportation to and from the Aeolians; 8 nights lodging and breakfasts in high standard inns; 4 lunches and 4 dinners (i.e. breakfast plus one additional full meal each day); all touring per the itinerary (including wine tastings). Price does not include alcohol, optional activities, other meals, international airfare, or optional trip insurance.
Chumley’s take: Sicily is an age-old world of volcanic soils and sea. We’ll enjoy the inspired bounty of both on this small group adventure. This might be the closest you come to being “The Durrells in Corfu” this year!
(864) 384 - 6947
Explore Up Close
PO Box 9537
Greenville, SC 29604