Ireland's Wild Atlantic Way: Backroads from Cork to Kerry
April 28 – May 7, 2019
If It’s This Friendly and This Scenic . . . It Must Be Ireland.
Enjoy some of the best Ireland has to offer on this small group adventure – gorgeous scenery, a legacy of living close to the sea and land, those cultural highlights of tea time, gardens, and history, and exceptional accommodations. Treasures of County Cork. Delightful inns in Kinsale, near Bantry, and near Kenmare (Kerry). Flights in and out of nearby Shannon. The coastline is the star of this show, with great support work by the gardens, estates, Irish hospitality, and yes – the culinary scene!
- Explore Kinsale, Cobh, and Kenmare – three of Ireland’s most enchanting towns
- Enjoy Ireland’s scenic coastal route: The Wild Atlantic Way; home to spectacular sea-and-cliff settings, inspiration to artists and writers.
- Multi-night stays in Inns of Distinction in Kinsale and Bantry; one night each in the charming towns of Kenmare and Adare
- Less-visited places of beauty and charm: the Sheep’s Head, Mizen, and Beara Peninsulas
- Estate homes and gardens will present a stunning contrast to the wild, rocky backdrop of the region
Trip price: $3650 / person (double occupancy; single supplement, $800); price includes comfortable van transportation in Ireland, 8 nights accommodation with breakfast in high-standard inns, all touring, entrances, activities per the itinerary, 4 lunches and 4 dinners (i.e. breakfast plus one additional full meal each day); small group warmth and attention to detail. Price does not include international airfare, other meals, alcohol, or optional trip insurance.
Chumley’s take: Ireland is simply one of my favorite places. There’s beauty everywhere, including in the people – who value hospitality and conversation – and in their comfortable “small place lifestyles.”
(864) 384 - 6947
Explore Up Close
PO Box 9537
Greenville, SC 29604