Savannah at Christmas
December 11 – 14, 2018
America’s most unique urban lay-out – dressed up for the Holiday Season
‘Tis the season for Savannah! Join us for a small group excursion to one of America’s most beautiful and unique urban cores – Savannah, Georgia. It’s the most wonderful time of the year, and we’ll enjoy a festive ambiance, the sights and sounds of the locals, and the city’s celebrated dining scene, for the foodies out there.
- Two nights accommodation in the historic district, and one night en route to Savannah
- Supremely scenic Georgia backroads and their hidden stories
- Visits to some of Savannah’s best historic houses and places of worship, including the First African Baptist Church, the Flannery O’Connor House, and the Andrew Low House
- Exploration of enchanting Bonaventure Cemetery
- A trolley tour, highlighting Savannah monuments and distinctive neighborhood squares
- Festive dining in some of Savannah’s finest eateries
Trip price: $1289 / person (double occupancy; single supplement, $250); price includes comfortable van / minivan transportation, three nights accommodation and breakfast in good standard hotels (2 nights in Savannah), all touring / entrances / activities, 3 lunches and 2 dinners, small group warmth and attention to detail. Price does not include other meals, alcohol, or optional trip insurance.
Chumley’s take: Savannah is everyone’s hopeful dream of an archetypal southern city: weirdly sophisticated, very hush-hush, and urbanely sensual. Wow – that was my best attempt at John Berendt.
(864) 384 - 6947
Explore Up Close
PO Box 9537
Greenville, SC 29604