Spain in the Quiet Season: Barcelona to the Basque Country
March 1 – 11, 2019
Off-Season Travel Special: Price includes airfare!
Discover Spain during its quiet season. It’s the perfect time of year to discover beautiful Barcelona, and the lesser-visited Basque Country. Enjoy 4 days / 4 nights in Barcelona as we immerse ourselves in this ancient city that pulsates with modern energy. Then, spend 4 days / 4 nights in the Basque country as we explore walled towns, dramatic landscapes, the distinctive cuisine of the region, and a true jewel of this legendary and independent region – Bilbao.
- Vibrant Barcelona and its rich culture, modernista architecture, and cuisine
- Day excursion to Montserrat – majestic mountain monastery complex
- Backroads exploration of Spain’s mesmerizing País Vasco - Basque Country
- Bilbao and its architectural gem, the Guggenheim Museum
- Medieval villages in the heart of Spain’s La Rioja wine region
Trip price: $4,475 / person (double occupancy; single supplement, $700); price includes all airfare and transportation within Spain; 9 nights lodging and breakfasts in high standard inns; 4 lunches and 4 dinners; i.e breakfast and one full meal each day, all touring per the itinerary. Price does not include alcohol, optional activities, other meals, or optional trip insurance.
Chumley’s take: Off-season travel is the time to visit southern Europe. Weather can be nice, the locals are in a relaxed mood. Any way you slice it, it’s the most authentic experience.
(864) 384 - 6947
Explore Up Close
PO Box 9537
Greenville, SC 29604