Atlanta Overnighter: Discovering Neighborhoods and the Native Ferment
February 26 – 27, 2019
Historic Homes and Cultural Treasures in the South’s “First City” – The Atlanta You Haven’t Seen
Let’s discover some of Atlanta’s terrific sites – often overlooked by the crowds (happily!). And leave the driving to someone else. This will be a chartered coach trip that will visit outstanding cultural and historic sites, museums, and the culinary scene.
- The High Museum of Art – including a special exhibit on Southern Decorative Arts
- The Jimmy Carter Museum and Presidential Library
- The Martin Luther King, Jr. National Historical Park
- The Atlanta History Center – award-winning
- The May Patterson Goodrum House – guided touring offers a window on the world of the burgeoning business class of 1920s Atlanta
Trip price: $667 / person (double occupancy; single supplement, $95); price includes comfortable chartered coach transportation (with a sign-up of 12 – 24 travelers); accommodation and breakfast in a good-standard hotel; one lunch and one dinner; all touring per the itinerary; concierge / guide service throughout. Price does not include one lunch, alcohol, or optional trip insurance.
Chumley’s take: Atlanta – without the driving! (Need I say more?!) We’ll also visit sites overlooked by the Coca-Cola-and-CNN crowd – and learn inside stories about the birthplace of the New South.
(864) 384 - 6947
Explore Up Close
PO Box 9537
Greenville, SC 29604