South Carolina Springtime Explorer: Out Back of Walterboro
May 14 – 15, 2019
Great Stories That Define South Carolina
Join Explore Up Close’s original “signature trip” – an exploration of the South Carolina Low Country, centered around Walterboro and Orangeburg. We’ll travel by comfortable chartered coach, and meet local experts who will involve us in “show and tell” about some of the state’s great sites and stories.
- Edisto Gardens and Riverwalk – see one of the state’s best rose gardens, and prettiest blackwater rivers
- The African Art Museum at SC State University – one of the US’s best collections
- The story of Sherman’s March across the Salkehatchie Rivers – site visits and stories on location
- America’s first rail junction (and excellent museum)
- Guided touring in Walterboro – excellent example of a summer planter colony
Trip price: $589 / person (double occupancy; single supplement, $65); price includes comfortable chartered coach transportation; all meals; all touring per the itinerary; concierge / guide service throughout the trip. Price does not include alcohol or optional trip insurance.
Chumley’s take: These stories might surprise you – they’re both “top shelf” and “under the radar” at the same time. That might be a uniquely South Carolina thing.
(864) 384 - 6947
Explore Up Close
PO Box 9537
Greenville, SC 29604