The Scenic Route Through Provence
May 19 – 28, 2019
Some of Europe’s Most Dramatic Scenery . . . and Lifestyle to Match
Small group adventure in Provence. That should sound just about as good as it gets to most readers. We’ll spend multiple nights in each of three boutique hotels, as we make a circuit from St. Remy to Moustiers to Valbonne. Here are your clues: St. Remy, think Van Gogh, Les Baux de Provence, the Pont du Gard. Moustiers, think: Gorges du Verdon, and “most beautiful villages in France.” Valbonne, think: Cote d’Azur, Monaco, and the fabulous cliff-hugging drives of “les corniches.”
- Drives on the small roads, with detours to farms, ancient abbeys, and “Most Beautiful Villages in France”
- Family-owned boutique hotels with wonderful hospitality
- Roman and medieval ruins – surrounded by fields of lavender
- Stunning rock-meets-sky-meets-sea scenery
- Local wine and other products of the terroir
Trip price: $3550 / person (double occupancy; single supplement, $750); price includes accommodation and breakfast for 8 nights in high-standard inns; 4 lunches and 4 dinners (i.e. breakfast plus one additional full meal each day); all touring and activities per the itinerary; comfortable van transportation. Price does not include airfare, other meals, alcohol, or optional trip insurance.
Chumley’s take: Provence’s reputation precedes it. As a lover of geography, the drop-off of the Alps into the Mediterranean near Monaco is one of the world’s great visuals. S-t-u-n-n-i-n-g.
(864) 384 - 6947
Explore Up Close
PO Box 9537
Greenville, SC 29604