Exploring Glacier National Park
August 24 – September 1, 2019
Up Close and Personal With One of North America’s Most Scenic Landscapes
Small group adventure in Glacier National Park! We’ll fly into Kalispell, Montana, then spend two nights in each of the McDonald Lake Lodge, the Many Glacier Inn, and the Prince of Wales Hotel (Lake Waterton, Alberta – bordering Glacier National Park). We’ll drive the Going to the Sun Road, and have regular opportunities to tour, make photographs, hike, ride horses, and hear stories about the region. We’ll spend one additional night in the Kalispell area after our first day arrival; and one night before we fly home. Enjoying tea on the terrace of the 1927 Prince of Wales Hotel, with a southerly view of Lake Waterton, framed by the peaks of Glacier National Park . . . should be a memorable moment. Pass the cream, please.
- 6 nights in historic inns in Glacier National Park: the McDonald Lake Lodge (2), the Many Glacier Inn (2), and the Prince of Wales Hotel (2), on Lake Waterton, Alberta – bordering Glacier National Park; one additional night near Kalispell, MT, prior to our homeward flight
- Awe-inspiring, panoramic views from iconic Going-to-the-Sun Road
- Guided touring with a local expert in an historic Park Touring Car (vintage, mid-1930’s)
- Ample opportunities for hiking, photography, and exploration of the park’s sweeping valleys, peaks, glaciers, and wildlife
- Casual meetings with local Montana folk – authentic stories on location
Trip price: $3379 / person (double occupancy; single supplement, $1025); price includes comfortable transportation throughout the trip; accommodation for 8 nights in high-standard inns and hotels; 3 lunches and 3 dinners; all touring / activities per the itinerary; concierge / guide service throughout the trip. Price does not include airfare to and from Glacier National Park, others meals, optional activities, alcohol, or optional trip insurance.
Chumley’s take: Glacier National Park is a world-class scenic destination. We’ll explore it in style (staying in the park) and the slow way.
(864) 384 - 6947
Explore Up Close
PO Box 9537
Greenville, SC 29604