France’s Wine Routes: Beautiful Burgundy and the Jura
August 28 – September 7, 2019
Stunning Landscapes in One of the World’s Greatest Wine Regions
Small group exploration in one of beautiful France’s most sublime corners – the illustrious wine-producing region of Burgundy, and the stunning Jura Mountains. Enjoy tastings of the local terroir – including cheeses, mustards, and more – and visits to lovely historic and cultural sites throughout the trip. Multi-night stays in beautiful hotels, set in the vineyards, or in charming villages will be featured. With the Jura Mountains and Switzerland jutting up to the east, and the wine-rich plains stretching out to the west, we’ll find dramatic geography, some of France’s Most Beautiful Villages, and rich history around every bend in the road.
- Lovely medieval Beaune – center of the Burgundy wine region; splendid architecture on display
- Hilltop Avallon and surroundings: Vezelay and its famed basilica; Bazoches, chateau home of Marshall Vauban – master fortress builder
- “Most Beautiful Villages of France” – Chateau Chalon and Baume les Messieurs
- Ornans, home of Gustave Corbet, and the inspiring pastoral valleys of the Jura
- Other Jura treasures: the famous yellow wines; Compte cheese; the Royal Salt Works at Arc-et-Senans
Trip price: $3939 / person (double occupancy; single supplement, $725); price includes comfortable transportation (minibus) throughout the trip; accommodation and breakfast for 8 nights in lovely, high-standard inns; 4 lunches and 4 dinners (i.e. breakfast plus one additional full meal each day); all tastings, activities, admissions per the itinerary; concierge and guide service throughout the trip. Price does not include airfare, other meals, alcohol (note: wine tastings are included), or optional trip insurance.
Chumley’s take: This adventure offers some of the world’s best places, and world’s best experiences: Catch a choir performance in the basilica in Vezelay if you can. And get ready for the hanging village of Chateau Chalon.
(864) 384 - 6947
Explore Up Close
PO Box 9537
Greenville, SC 29604