Georgia's Window on Autumn: The Amicalola Falls Lodge
November 6 – 8, 2019
Some of the Best Views in the Southeast – Colored by Autumn
This is a Fall Foliage Adventure! In the Southeast, Fall doesn’t come as early as it once did; early November just about nails it. Join a small group for a mid-week stay (read: no Atlanta weekend crowd) at one of the Southeast’s best viewing platforms – the Amicalola Falls Lodge, in North Georgia. We’ll spend two nights at the lodge, exploring fascinating stories about the mountains and mountaineers, marble-mining, gold-minting, and what!? – wine-making? Crisp air, a roaring fire, and great fun! Learn Georgia mountain stories that will surprise you!
- Tour historic homes: Traveler’s Rest and the Hardman Farm
- Spend time in Dahlonega – one of Georgia’s prettiest towns
- Experience the Georgia Gold Museum
- Sip wine at the fabulous Monteluce Estate and winery
- Enjoy the view from the bottom, mid-point, and top of the Southeast’s highest waterfall
- Take in the beauty of a mountain autumn: featuring lake and countryside drives
Trip price: $1135 / person (double occupancy; single supplement, $170); price includes accommodation and breakfast for two nights at the Amicalola Falls Lodge; two lunches and one dinner; all touring per the itinerary; comfortable transportation. Price does not include one lunch, one dinner, alcohol, or optional trip insurance.
Chumley’s take: The Amicalola Falls Lodge is a Southeastern Treasure. The views of the sky and the surrounding mountains are priceless.
(864) 384 - 6947
Explore Up Close
PO Box 9537
Greenville, SC 29604