Jersey, Sark, and Guernsey: the Splendid Channel Islands + A Jaunt in Mystical Brittany
St. Helier | St. Brelade’s Bay | the Isle of Sark | the Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society
July 8 – 17 (the Channel Islands) + July 17 – 21 (Brittany add-on), 2020
Warmth and Atmosphere In Europe’s Splendid Summer Haven
Tune your soul to the island ways of the upbeat and upscale Channel Islands. We’ll spend multiple nights on each of Jersey, Guernsey, and Sark, learning fascinating stories, taking in remarkable scenes and scenery, and appreciating the differences of all three. We’ll gain an understanding of the islands’ tax-haven persona and style; see abundant evidence of German occupation during World War II; and relish in the bucolic beauty and village life that defines local lifestyle. We’ll travel by van through island lanes, enjoy local fare and lodging. Ferries will connect us, island to island. On car-free Sark, we’ll travel by horse-and-carriage. Those who wish to see more, can travel by ferry to the Breton port of St. Malo, and from there on a chauffeured jaunt through parts of fabled Brittany. Our excursion (5 nights and parts of 6 days) will take us to lovely seaside places along the Brieuc Bay and Goelo Coast of Brittany’s north coast, to medieval villages, and to the forested mountain-like scenery of the interior. We’ll uncover world stories, that range from Arthurian legends, to romantic tales of sailing communities bound for distant settlement, to Napoleon Bonaparte, to revered Irish priests who established Christianity.
• Channel Island hotels, featuring impeccable standards, peerless settings, and tea
• Otherworldly Sark – car-free, traditional, and boasting of dramatic geography and dark skies
• Jersey’s Samares Manor estate and gardens, La Mare wine and cider farm, one of the world’s oldest building and burial sites, and idyllic country lane drives
• Guernsey’s World War II heritage – including the German Military Underground Hospital and other sites related to The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society, a driving tour of Guernsey’s gardens, and the rural charm of the inland parishes
• Brittany highlights will include the Lamballe national stud farm (favored by Napoleon), the Breton Lakes District, the historic villages and chapels of the Blavet River valley, and lovely bed-and-breakfast accommodations
[the Channel Islands only, July 8 – 17]: $5,710 / person (double occupancy; single supplement, $1,250)
Price includes comfortable ground transportation in the Channel Islands, all ferry rides between islands, accommodation with breakfast in high standard hotels for eight (8) nights in the Channel Islands, 4 lunches and 4 dinners, all activities / admissions per the itinerary, guide and concierge service throughout the trip. Price does not include airfare, alcohol, other meals, optional activities / personal expenditures, or optional trip insurance.
PRICING FOR THE BRITTANY ADD-ON:
$3,250 / person (double occupancy; single supplement, $450)
Price includes ferry from Guernsey to St. Malo, France, comfortable ground transportation in Brittany, accommodation with breakfast in beautiful, highly-rated hotels and bed and breakfast inns in St. Malo (1 night), Quintin (2 nights), and Josselin (2 nights), 3 lunches and 3 dinners, all activities / admissions per the itinerary, guide and concierge service throughout the trip. Price does not include airfare, alcohol, other meals, optional activities / personal expenditures, or optional trip insurance.
Click the button below to register online, or click here for a printable trip registration form.
(864) 384 - 6947
Explore Up Close
PO Box 9537
Greenville, SC 29604